Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What you should be listening to... #2 Pendant Audio


...Shameless plug...

I have done a little work here so I guess this is a plug, but I wouldn't mention them if I didn't love their work. To quote from their website,

"Pendant is an audio production group dedicated to making radio dramas like the old radio serials of the '30s and '40s, only modernized for today's audiences.

Think of them as movies without the video feed."

"We make no money whatsoever off of this, and do it purely for fun and entertainment."

Let me tell you. The product they put out is awesome stuff. I look forward every week to listening to new episodes of Superman, Supergirl, Batman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Seminar, TWIP and now Star Trek Defiant. You should be too!

Right now the BIG EVENT is INSOLITUS which is the DC crossover. Zombies, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Bizarro, wow! GOOD STUFF! I will not describe any more; spoilers - you understand.

While I am waiting the 3 weeks til the next installment I am catching up on some of their other productions, specifically Star Trek Defiant. I just completed Episode 25 (I am waaaaaaaaay behind). If you are a Star Trek fan, you will enjoy this well written well acted series. This was the first series that Pendant produced and it shows the most growth. The voice acting also shows remarkable depth. I want to make special mention of Pete Milan, whose work as Gul Otek has been outstanding.

In addition to the Fan Podcasts, Pendant produces many original podcasts including Seminar. Seminar is an anthology science fiction/fantasy/horror series in the same vein of The Twlight Zone or the Outer Limits. It is also well produced and is a spring board for many of the newer actors (at least I hope so, as I have had several parts here).

I could write all day about Pendant, but it wouldn't do it justice. Go to www.pendantaudio.com and download some of their dramas. I think you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments: