Sunday, August 4, 2019

saying here what I can't say there

So the past 48 hours happened.  A lot of people died.  Then as usual, a lot of people got stupid.

For the past few months I really have tried to stay quiet on social media.  I have a presence now, for whatever that's worth.  I run a comic book convention and hopefully more.  
Maybe someday - a lot more.

And remember, whatever you say online, stays there forever.   
Even this blog.

In the capacity of my Facebook presence, I need to pull back again.  That means, politics here again.  

So I posted this:

You know what? I tried. I've tried being non-political. I've tried keeping my mouth shut. But over the past day, I've seen some of the most amoral, stupid, hurtful things written. So, since I have to use this platform for business, I've made a couple of decisions.

One, I'm paring down my contacts list here. When I republish this post, if you can see it, you're still here. This may cause some real world issues, especially with family. I can't help it. I am not going to put up with toxicity anymore.

Two, I'm going back to putting my political posts on my blog. It worked well (https://lachapelle221.blogspot.com/).

Three, I have lot's of happy news coming and lot's of business news coming. I don't need to ruin it with all of the other crap happening in the world.

Four, the world can be a Better Place© if we work at it. I have had that mindset for three years now. I really think if we all try to think that way, we can accomplish it.

So... that's it. I love you people. Give everyone you know a hug. They could use one.


Kind of to the point, if not short.

I won't say my hand was forced, but people had it coming.  I mean, I have to mute you every month for a year?  I don't care if you're family - goodbye.  If you equate support for abortion as a perfectly sane justification for these murders - goodbye.  If you tell me that had Hillary won the election you would have taken up arms and stormed the White House -goodbye (and let me find the number for the local FBI office).

It has been very hard to remain a Republican in this environment.  Fiscally conservative, but socially laissez-faire.  I don't think this situation continues for much longer.

No comments: